TREAT Asia 2009 Network Meeting
The 9th TREAT Asia Annual Network Meeting was held from 9–13 October 2009 in Bangkok, Thailand. More than 160 participants from 21 countries around the globe participated in the meeting, representing clinical sites, community support and advocacy groups, academic centers, donors, laboratories, and other partners.
A main focus of the meeting was to discuss the progress and directions of the network.
Meeting participants heard a variety of presentations, including:
- Dr. Annette Sohn, Director, TREAT Asia, Thailand: “State of the Network - 2009”
- Mr. Kevin Frost, CEO, amfAR, USA: “Addressing HIV prevention, care, and research priorities among MSM in Asia”
- Mr. Addy Chen, Coordinator (Positive MSM Working Group), Asia Pacific Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS (APN+), Thailand: “Creating a broader-based response to treatment failure and HIV drug resistance”
- Dr. Jintanat Ananworanich, Deputy Director of Scientific Affairs, The HIV Netherlands Australia Thailand Research Collaboration (HIV-NAT), Thailand: “Novel antiretrovirals and salvage therapy”
- Dr. Wing Cheong Yam, Clinical Bacteriologist, Lab Director, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong: “Novel monitoring technologies for HIV viral load and genotyping”
- Dr. Jorge Villacian, Senior Director, Global Medical Affairs, VIRCO BVBA, Belgium: “Basics of HIV Resistance and Testing”