TREAT Asia/amfAR at the 11th International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific (ICAAP 11)
TREAT Asia/amfAR will make significant contributions to the scientific and HIV community programming at ICAAP 11, taking place November 18–22, 2013, in Bangkok, Thailand. Team members and network partners will participate in three satellite sessions and symposia:
• When antiretrovirals alone may not be enough, on HIV co- infections in India
• Lost in Transitions: emerging needs of adolescents living with HIV in Asia and the Pacific
• Negotiating Research Priorities and Community Care: the case of biomedical prevention approaches in Thailand
TREAT Asia representatives will also take part in two skills- building sessions:
• HIV-Hepatitis C Co-infection: Improving knowledge and creating demand for improved access to treatment
• Patients Not Patents: understanding the impact of trade agreements on access to affordable medicines.