FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
amfAR Media Contacts:
Bennah Serfaty, Senior Director of Communications, (212) 806-1607, firstname.lastname@example.org
Caroline Humphrey, Media Relations Associate, (212) 806-1632, email@example.com
Sonia Ben Maaouia, Karla Otto Account Director, +331 79 74 12 87, firstname.lastname@example.org
amfAR HOSTS DINNER IN PARIS
DURING COUTURE WEEK
PRESS IMAGES: Please credit photos to Ryan Emberley https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fsnxb0da1zm2wp7/AACQQupoIQLdVCql1xb21L0ba?dl=0
Paris, France, July 4th, 2016 — Supporters gathered for a dinner and auction at The Peninsula Paris last night in support of amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research. Guests in attendance included Adrien Brody, Naomi Campbell, Jennifer Garner, Soo Joo Park, Mariacarla Boscono, Donatella Versace, Petra Nemcova, Lara Leito, Carolyn Murphy, Erica Pelosini, Elie Saab, Yvonne Sciò, Marie de Villepin, Olivia Palermo, Johannes Huebl, Mohamed Al Turki, Alexandre Mattuissi, Gabriele Moratti, Alina Baikova, Candela Novembre, Tory Burch, Pierre-Yves Roussel, Peter Dundas, Andres Velencoso, Eva Cavalli, Anna Cleveland, Sara Sampaio, amfAR CEO Kevin Robert Frost, and amfAR Global Fundraising Chairman Milutin Gatsby, among others.
Grammy-nominated chanteuse Ute Lemper closed the evening with an unforgettable live performance that included “Amsterdam,” “Avec Le Temps,” “Die Moritat von Mackie Messer,” and “Lola.”
Exclusive items featured in the live auction, conducted by event producer Andy Boose and auctioneer Simon de Pury included:
- A signed Willy Rizzo photograph, depicting Yves Saint Laurent in a Paris apartment in August 1960 with the Christian Dior Couture autumn-winter collection of 1960-61.
- A photograph of David Bowie meeting amfAR Founding International Chairman Dame Elizabeth Taylor in Los Angeles in 1974 by renowned photographer Terry O’Neill.
- A framed portfolio of ten 1975 Andy Warhol screen prints of Mick Jagger, each signed by Warhol and Jagger.
- A limited-edition portfolio of 23 images showcasing the unique spirit of legendary New York nightclub Studio 54 and its celebrity regulars, curated by Getty Images and taken by the club’s house photographer Sonia Moskowitz.
- The ultimate 70th Cannes Film Festival package, featuring two tickets to the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2017 festival, two tickets to red carpet premieres for six nights, and two tickets to the festival’s most exclusive parties, including the annual Chopard, DeGrisogono, and amfAR dinners.
- Estoy Inocente, a painting by contemporary artist RETNA.
Harry Winston was the event’s Presenting Sponsor. Moët Hennessy, The Peninsula Paris, and Renault were the event’s Signature Sponsors.
Delta Air Lines is the Official Airline of amfAR. Moët Hennessy is amfAR’s Official Wine and Spirits Partner.
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, is one of the world’s leading nonprofit organizations dedicated to the support of AIDS research, HIV prevention, treatment education, and advocacy. Since 1985, amfAR has invested $450 million in its programs and has awarded more than 3,300 grants to research teams worldwide.
About Harry Winston, Inc.:
Founded in New York City in 1932, The House of Harry Winston continues to set the standard for the ultimate in fine jewelry and high-end watch making. From the acquisition of some of the world’s most famous gemstones, including the Jonker, Hope and Winston Legacy Diamonds, to adorning Hollywood’s leading ladies on the red carpet, for over eight decades, Harry Winston has been a symbol of the best there is. Headquartered in New York, the company operates retail salons worldwide, in locations including: New York, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
About Harry Winston’s Partnership with amfAR:
In January 2015, Harry Winston, Inc., announced a groundbreaking new partnership with amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, that represents the single largest corporate partnership in the Foundation’s history. Through a wide range of contributions including direct financial support and in-kind donations, Harry Winston will help advance amfAR’s efforts to end the global AIDS epidemic through innovative research.
Harry Winston is the first company to serve as the presenting sponsor for the organization’s 27 gala events taking place across the globe over the next three years. These events are vital to raising more than half of amfAR’s general operating support, enabling the organization to invest wisely in pioneering research and programs. The company is also a leading supporter of amfAR’s Countdown to a Cure for AIDS initiative, which is aimed at developing the scientific basis for a cure by 2020.